Saturday, November 04, 2006

Much of Tuesday morning was spent trying to sort out sending my Canon IXUS 800 IS back, as the exposure has been faulty ever since we bought it in June. Instead of being able to 'point and shoot' as is my female prerogative, I've had to 'press and ponder', although I have to say that on the whole I have been happy with the eventual images. (See flickr) I didn't know whether I should send it to Canon or Amazon (where it came from), so I thought I'd check with both first. Canon didn't really want to know, but Amazon on the other hand were amazing. I looked up their contact details on the website and you get to click on a button and they ring you! and then you speak to a 'person'! The French Lady I spoke to was very helpful and promised I could have a replacement. Being slightly sceptical, I thought I'd better send an email and get written confirmation and the address to send it to as it isn't on the website. An email came back after a few hours, so if you're thinking of buying anything, buy it from Amazon and you won't be disappointed. I can't wait to have 'my' Canon back and in the meantime I am holding my breath...

No comments: