Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The City That Never Sleeps...

It was about 9.30pm by the time we arrived, it wasn't busy, but there was no shortage of people. The queue made its way down in the first instance past an amazing Swarovski chandelier to the pay kiosk and then up to the next floor to await the lift. Now we've all been in lifts, but this was an experience I shall never forget. 70 stories in less than a minute - you don't really feel the speed, but if you're feeling brave you can watch the floors go by by looking up at the transparent ceiling, I wasn't. Once there the doors opened and everyone spilled out, excitement was in the air. It was surprisingly windy at the top, but that wasn't the only thing to take your breath away, the view was awesome...

Coming back down to earth with a bump (no, not really) we walked through the rest of the building which was quite impressive and then on a few more blocks back to the hotel. Did a conquer my fear of heights? no, but I'm glad I can say I've been "to the Top Of The Rock".

No comments: