Monday, July 13, 2009

Matchstick Men...

Sunday 15th March 2009

We went for a walk around Shipley Park today. The weather was very dull, but as the sun began to set, the sky brightened and gave me the opportunity to capture these silhouettes.

16.03.09
Tried to find out about hiring the Memorial Hall in Breadsall and thinking of giving up my teaching and doing it privately. The person who does the lettings was really unhelpful, so looks as though I won't be able to change anything in the near future...

17.03.09
Card Class at Alfreton went well, learners enjoyed embossing using Parchment paper.

18.03.09
Red Letter Day today. I sent an email to the editor of All Things Local today asking about placing an advert for piano lessons. The rate is £150 per year, which although isn't that expensive, is beyond my means. I wrote back to say I wouldn't be advertising, but offered her any of my images for the front cover. She wrote back to say she loved my photos and would like to use them for her three magazines and in return I get my advert for free!!

Next I had a phone call from my Line Manager today. "Could I go and teach a group of mums at Chaddesden starting tomorrow?". They've been doing crafts with a tutor and have 'fallen out' with her. Great, couldn't be better!

19.03.09
I thoroughly enjoyed teaching Jewellery to 12 enthusiastic young mums and they thoroughly enjoyed the class as well. Only down-side is that there are only three weeks left in the term.

No comments: