Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Chronicles Of Hernia...

Wednesday 26th September

Difficult to settle to anything this morning. Set off for appointment with consultant at Nuffield Hospital in plenty of time for 2.30pm appointment. Felt fully equipped go in 'blazing' and come out with smoke billowing from my barrels. However, after half an hour's wait, my resolve had dissipated and all I could think of was going home. I knew something was up when the consultant called me in, but failed to catch my eye as he led the way into his room. I thought I was in for yet another "it's in your head lecture", but I couldn't have been more wrong. I had an inkling of this as he ushered me in by gently placing a guiding hand in the small of my back. As he sat down I was met with the words: "You are one precise lady" and then sentence after sentence of "I am so sorry" and "I was wrong" - all I could do was shrug... We agreed unanimously that no one was to blame and I just hoped he was going to let me in on what was the next step. He also said: "I can't keep taking money off you" , (when the final invoices arrive the figure will be nearer £3500), I held my breath, did this mean I was in sight of a second operation? He explained, that he'd send all my details to his secretary who would arrange a date or let me know of any cancellations. I did feel elated as I passed the self opening doors for what I hope is the last time, but will no actual date set I couldn't help wondering, how long...just how long...?

No comments: