Tuesday, October 09, 2007

IN BRIEF

Monday 1st October

Decided it was time for a team building chat with the support workers in my class, so we can all be batting on the same side and provide mutual support. Explained about Hermione, hoping not for sympathy, but offers of help in any carrying. The conversation went well until one of them, responded with an ace card: she in fact has a brain tumour - I wasn't sure what emotion to show. I think I have now learned never to share my ailments with others, - I am always usurped...

Tuesday 2nd October

This was a very long and lonely day. When Graham finally came home, I begged him to take me out for a change of scenery...to the nearest Lloyd's Pharmacy where they have a special offer on TENS machines. For those of you who don't know what they do, press here.

Wednesday 3rd October

Eventually managed to get hold of my consultant's secretary and enquire how long before I get a date for my operation. Although she did say that they might know by Friday, her manner didn't fill me with confidence.

Thursday 4th October

Lovely sunny day, mostly spent indoors. (see above for highlights)
Had a go with my new TENS machine, think I can best describe it as an electronic tickle...

Friday 5th October

Only three students at Craft Class, reasons for non attendance ranged from driving lesson to new phobia...In the middle of all this received a phone call from 'Amy at the DRI'... how was I fixed for having my operation on Thursday 18th October...I didn't intend to refuse any date. The fact that Graham will be in America and Robert and Lucy away at university, well at this rate I feel I could perform a DIY job on it...

No comments: