Sunday, November 25, 2007

Unaccustomed As I Am...


Pansy Orchid
Originally uploaded by Geraldine Curtis
Friday 16th November (Children In Need Day)

I received my invitation for the website lunch before I went for my operation and thought that four weeks on, I'd be well enough to travel to Bradford and enjoy myself. As the day got nearer, it became more and more doubtful that I'd make it. Graham offered to take the day off work and come with me, which was very good of him, providing him with a welcome break from the office. (He then worked solidly through the weekend!)
The trains were on time, the weather cold and bright and the venue only a short distance from the station. I had my hand shaken, my cheek kissed and made to feel like an old friend. I was able to stand while chatting and sit while eating (both still proving very difficult to do for any length of time). Best of all, I was presented with a Pansy Orchid for services 'above and beyond the call of duty' (I exaggerate, but you know what I mean), it was lovely...

No comments: