Saturday, April 26, 2008

IN BRIEF

Monday 14th April

There are many events that take place in your life and you hold your breath and say: "I wish that hadn't happened". (Conversely, there are even more times when nice things happen and the experience makes you feel 'warm' inside.) But today I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. As with all similar events, when things go wrong it's usually my fault - and this was no exception. Suffice to say I had an altercation with another human being - (which was unusual in itself... ) I was deeply upset by the incident and it has taken me nearly a fortnight to come to terms with what happened. Having said all that, I realize that there has been a positive end result and perhaps now I can 'move on'.

The incident...? It involved a footpath, a muckspreader and someone who I hope never to have to cross paths with again... enough said...

Tuesday 15th April

Graham left for America, did manage to get up and wish him 'goodbye' and then went back to bed. 6.00am is far too early for someone like me.
A different boiler man came to finish sorting the boiler out. Again, this chap was also charming as boiler men go and earned himself a cup of coffee. He needed to fit a filter to the oil tank, for which he needed to access the oil tank. He didn't seem too fazed when I explained hesitantly that he would need to take the whole door off as the door 'escaped' from its hinges during the last spell of windy weather.

It is now four weeks since my piano pupils took their piano exams. After much perseverance, I did get through to the Royal School Of Music, but all they could say was the results had now been posted. Had an email in the evening to say that 'results can now be viewed on line'. Great was my relief to discover that both had passed!

Wednesday 16th April

During these holidays I have been trying to get a few more things on my Etsy shop. Today I put up the handbag charms I have been making.

Thursday 17th April

Busy day putting up my new bags on Etsy and sorting out my Craft lesson for tomorrow.

It has not been my most joyful week, especially when, as I guiltily nibbled on one of my favourite cornflake cakes just before bedtime and heard a dreaded 'ping' come from a back tooth... it had somehow managed to split the tooth. The wobbly bit was not good news...

Friday 18th April

After a good night's sleep and an early morning, I almost felt ready to face the classroom again. But first I had to ring the dentist and ask for an emergency appointment. Luckily the receptionist said to come straight down. I arrived at 10 past 9, went in at 20 to 10, was out at 10 to 10 and teaching 'as normal' at 10.00. My 'second in command' (experienced Learning Partner) had thought to bring her daughter to help out which was also a 'godsend' and I arrived home at half past 12 not too badly the worse for wear... I still had the afternoon to contend with...

3.00pm was the time of my appointment to get a second opinion about Hermione at the doctor's. I have to say that initially I was disappointed with the outcome. Here again was someone who seemed to delight in poking and prodding me and then announce that there was 'nothing that could be causing a problem' - now where have I heard that before...? He said that maybe we are looking at a two year time span before things 'settle down'. I think I heard myself pleading with him to give me another appointment, so that I don't feel as abandoned as I do now. He did say that perhaps I needed something to 'fool the nerve endings' and prescribed a cream made from chillies. It only works after I've been in a hot bath - it's like having your own electric heater applied to the skin. I admit I was very sceptical, but I have been applying the cream... and it seems to be working...

No comments: