Thursday, April 10, 2008

IN BRIEF

Monday 31st March

Robert got up early and had a lift to the station with Graham. Lucy and I spent some of the day getting on with some work, - or one of us did...

Tuesday 1st April

No time for April Fool's Day. Had to get all my teaching records up to date, including writing Course Evaluations ready for a 'one to one' with my Line Manager in the afternoon. Dropped Lucy in town on the way and picked her up on the way back, two hours later. Unfortunately had lost track of time and was late back for four o'clock piano lesson.

Thursday 3rd April

Graham and I went out for a meal at Le Bistro Pierre (used to be called Pierre Victoire). It does have lovely food, if a little 'rich' for me. I had creamy mushrooms on brioche (Graham, thai fishcakes) for starters and chicken for main (Graham, pork, bacon and cheesy sauce). I've never been anywhere where I didn't like any of the vegetables though, shredded beetroot, sliced courgettes and cheesy sliced potato... I consoled myself with the fact that I was full after the starter. Afterwards went for a walk round town as Hermione was complaining having been sitting on a hard seat for an hour. It was really mild, still and clear. Took some reasonable shots of the Catholic Cathedral with its new bridge and Friargate Bridge - all without a tripod, OK, so I did use support...

Friday 4th April

There has been so much to do on the website this week and yesterday was no exception. I was just about to absent myself from the computer when I got an email from a researcher on The Paul O'Grady Show. Paul has just helped to launch a Save The Children initiative to get people to learn to knit so they can knit hats for new-borns and help save their lives. They needed someone to go on the show and teach him to knit and they also requested information on any "interesting/'different/surreal forms of knitting style..." Never one to shy away from a challenge, I spent hours contacting people, finding out the information requested, took a big breath and rang the chap back, only to find he was off sick...

No comments: