Thursday, July 24, 2008

IN BRIEF

Monday 23rd June

Graham flew off to the US this morning for one week.

Highlight of the day was attending a Deaf Awareness training session (all morning). It was interesting, but I'm not sure I really learned anything. Again it was good to go and meet other tutors. The chap who took the session was my Line Manager for a term during Autumn 2005, although we didn't exactly have much contact. Because he is deaf, I thought he'd be interested to read about Robert's final year project. He's gone down in my estimations now, as he didn't even bother to acknowledge my email...

Took Lucy to wholesaler in the afternoon to buy more buttons - great to have an excuse!

Tuesday 24th June

Today we took part in another Family Learning session - (Lucy and I) only this time it was held in the Darwin Suite at The Assembly Rooms and was said to involve around 250 children. It did get a bit hectic, but with my ace helper we got through unscathed!

Went home to the relative calm of three piano lessons.

Thursday 26th June

Last Jewellery Class this term. Of the eight students there, they all said they intended to come back next term. Hadn't the heart to tell them that I'll be at another venue without creche facilities (thanks to the person who runs the centre who has effectively banned me. She refused to let her staff help me, even to the point of banning the clerk from walking the 10 feet required to go the the cabinet and get my register for me - to save me having to open the heavy fire doors - am I bitter and upset... you bet!!)

Friday 27th June

Had a sleepless night worrying about my tooth (which still hurts) as the filling (put in a week and a half ago) feels as though it is about to disappear if I bite on it. Rang up at 8.30 and was offered 12.00 o'clock appointment which was great as I had another training course to attend this morning and felt that by 12 o'clock I would have completed enough not to get into trouble for missing the end. The dentist eased the filling out, rather than drilled it, as it hadn't set properly due to my gum bleeding from having had half the tooth removed after it had split last time (sorry too much information). Next stop is a crown for £200.

Saturday 28th June

Drove to Loughborough and back twice during the afternoon and early evening to pick up Robert's belongings from his house. Was concerned that I wouldn't manage all the driving, but Hermione was relatively quiet the whole time.

No comments: