Monday, October 30, 2006

Window on the World

Tuesday 24th October
Today Lucy and I went down to see the grand-parents. Luckily it was 'a good day' for my mum and my dad looked as fit as a fiddle. After a lot of encouragement we had persuaded my mum to buy a new piano and I was really looking forward to having a go on it. Disappointingly, it didn't sound much better than the old one as it's in need of a good tune. Sitting it in the corner of, dare a say, a draughty room, it has suffered the same fate- too much expansion and contraction of it vital organs and consequently doesn't sound as it should. Trying to encourage more tlc for the said piano has met with: " But when we light the fire it will be too hot", poor piano. During afternoon nap time Lucy and I made a quick trip to Bourton on the Water. Funny, - you travel 95 miles away from home and pick up just the yarn you were hoping someone in the world might had. I may have paid over the odds, but it is just what I wanted. We managed to avoid buying any nick-nacks, or treating ourselves to some of the beautiful jewellery at the Bourton Perfumary. Back 'home' and after a welcome cup of tea, we had a quick tour of the barn to see my dad's latest project. He's making the kind of water wheel Heath Robinson would be proud of, or would he turn in his grave. I had to leave when I found out that my uncle had asked my dad to turn him a new top for for his pepper mill, don't people in the country know they are allowed to buy new once in a while!!

No comments: