Thursday, February 08, 2007

IN BRIEF

Monday 5th

My photos are now featured on the Morley Parish Council website, together with my name and a link to my Flickr site, fame at last...
Unflustered morning, then just as I was about to have some lunch the phone went and I get some great news about the ukhandknitting website. Apparently Aardman Animations have a new animation for children coming out in April featuring one of the Wallace and Grommit characters. It's being launched at the Stitches Show at the NEC,and is being tipped as bigger that the Telly Tubbies and... we're involved. Can't wait to get all the details!

Tuesday 6th

Spent the morning sending some of my photos to the Derby Evening Telegraph to see if they would consider them for the letters page. The internet was on a 'go slow' so it seemed to take for ever!
Had to go to town to get materials for workshop next Monday, making Valentine cards. Nice to have an excuse to buy pretty paper etc.
Tap class was later than usual due to a Parent's Evening being held at the school. Have to remember we have an extra rehearsal next week over half term as the competition date is looming and the dance isn't 'set' yet. Having trouble remembering the steps, but pleased that we get do a time step. Fred Astaire 'eat your heart out'...

Wednesday 7th

Forecast living up to expectations with a sharp frost this morning. Desperate not to miss a photographic opportunity, but side very uncomfortable. Decided that I could go out as long as I had a hot water bottle stuffed down my trousers to keep my discomfort at bay. Thought it wouldn't matter as I was only walking down the track at the back of our house. Saw neighbours who were out walking their dog. They were very complementary about the Christmas card I'd made them from a snowy scene. Climbed over the fence to take some photos of the frosty oilseed rape and unfortunately was remonstrated at by the local farmer. Put up my best defence: "I live on the lane" which seemed to placate him and he went on his way

Thursday 8th

...And there was snow. But what a disappointment...very low cloud without a hint of a break to let any proper light through. I did take a photo of next door's snowman which had been lovingly made as a tribute to Primark - hat, gloves and scarf supplied courtesy of- (come back to Derby, all is forgiven...), but that was all the colour I could find.
On cloud 9 most of the day (sorry, I'm being boring) due to my photo being printed in the local paper! (See above)

Friday 9th

Was treated to a surprise visit by someone who came to observe my induction lesson for the start of the new term. The fact that this new term is in the middle of what is the Spring term (instead of three x 10 weeks, we now have two x 15) actually meant that there were no new students or I may have been seriously caught out with not a Learner Handbook in sight. Anyway the lady is really nice and we get on well. She has also 'fixed it for me' and found me a class room for a lesson that had been cancelled on 19th, so thanks, Julie, I knew you'd 'come up trumps'! Slightly caught out when I mentioned 'my picture' to the clerk at Rycote. Turns out she's on a photography course at college, has a Nikon D-50 and regularly sells her work!
Can't win 'em all...

No comments: