Friday, December 28, 2007

Castles In The (Cold) Air...

The remainder of the day was spent queuing up in McDonald's to 'use the facilities', (even our guide book stated: 'toilets in Milan are very rare'... ) and walking through outside market stalls until we reached Castello Sforzesco. By this time it was 3.00pm and I was seriously flagging, so we headed back to the Underground and eventually reached the hotel an hour an a half later. My early morning sausage buttie had never tasted so good!

After a good rest, I did feel a little rejuvenated and having exhausted all the TV channels, we descended for our well earned evening meal. For starters, I had delicious potato soup and Graham had 'cheesy' pasta. Wondering how we would have room for our main course, we needn't have worried...my chicken breast in poppy seeded wine sauce was hardly cooked and the sauce was pure salt, as was Graham's sauce accompanying his seared, but not cooked beef fillet. (Am I being too fussy?)

No comments: