Friday, December 28, 2007

The Station, Milan...

Wanting to make the most of my birthday, I persuaded Graham to go for a 'short' walk to the main station, hoping to see some of the sights on the way. Setting off at 9.30pm, it took 20 minutes to get there. I'm sure the freezing cold enhanced my photos, but it didn't do much for my stamina, which was clearly flagging. We returned by Metro, which actually took longer than walking, but by then I had used up my quota of energy for the day. It was now 11.00pm, so we headed straight for the bar. I won't mention my deviation downstairs to view the mini gym, - I just wanted to see what it looked like, or the fact I couldn't make it back up the stairs so used the lift , only to find the doors wouldn't open when I reached the floor. A perfect ending to a 'perfect' day... No I wasn't stuck in the lift too long, I couldn't bear the thought of the fuss I'd cause if I pressed the alarm bell, so instead took out my mobile and called Graham, luckily there was a signal...

No comments: