Saturday, December 08, 2007

IN BRIEF

Sunday 25th November

Graham left at 6.00am to catch his flight to Newarke USA and then a connecting flight to Montreal. Usually, flights to Canada are always subject to delay, but this time Graham thought his luck was in when he left on time. When he rang me 40 minutes later, I was surprised to hear how quickly he had arrived in Canada - except he was ringing to say he was back at Newarke, as the plane had developed a fault and had to turn round!

Without any transport Lucy and I probably made quite a comical sight trudging across the field (there is a track) to the bus stop. She carrying her suitcase and me carrying her shoes (we were wearing wellingtons). A neighbour saw us and enquired where we were going in the dark. We held our breath in the hope that he would take pity on us and offer a lift to the station - except he was on his way to the pub at the local golf course...

Wednesday 28th November

At our 'old house' one of the four sets of neighbours who lived next door, have continued to keep in touch. When I had my first operation, Judith came to see me, which was lovely. When I informed her of my impending re-run, I hoped that she would come again. Luckily for me, she was free to come the week Graham was away and was only too happy to take me food shopping, run me to the local Garden Centre for craft essentials and round off the morning with lunch at Denby Pottery. I can only say a huge 'thank you'. It's nice to know I have a true friend...

No comments: