Tuesday, February 05, 2008

IN BRIEF

Monday 28th January

Morning went in a blur. Was feeling so rough that I've decided not to do any lifting or opening of doors when I go teaching. It's OK on a Monday as I have two support workers in my class (one is very helpful), Thursday may prove more difficult.

Tuesday 29th

Second night of disturbed sleep and I seem to have developed an infection in my Wisdom tooth. It never rains...
Went to tap class, but was hurting so much I had to stand out for most of the lesson. It's so upsetting...there are three competitions coming up. I have to face reality that it would be fairer to bow out now before final placing have been made, rather than run the risk of having to drop out at the last minute. If I have to give up, it will break my heart...

Wednesday 30th (See above)

Third night of disturbed sleep and beginning to feel like a zombie. Realised that I have to do something about my tooth, so rang up and made an emergency appointment with my dentist. Only had time to read half of a "Digital Photographer" magazine in the waiting room. The dentist was relieved to hear that the tooth I had visited him for a fortnight ago was not the cause of today's problem. Amazingly, he remembered that he'd had to come out to our house 20 or so years ago when I had a similar infection just after Robert was born. He prescribed a five day course of Metronidazole, three huge tablets a day with food, but no alcohol, not until 48 hours after the last tablet. Roll on next Wednesday...
Lucy rang as I was leaving the dentist to ask me to pick her up from the station. Called in to do the food shopping on the way home.
Rushed lunch as chap coming at two to give me a quote for new doors front and back in the utility. They would have cost £1224 each, but as it's January he let me talk him into giving me the VAT off (he told me last year, when he quoted for soffits and facias - they do this during slack times of the year) making a reduction of £386 and a total of £2090. He told me all about his 1000cc Apprillia and I told him about Graham's Triumph Daytona 955i, (I think I won on points)
Must remember to tell Graham...

Thursday 31st

I would have slept, but the gales kept me awake last night. The house was shaking so much at one point, I wondered if we might wake up in Kansas...
No such luck. Jewellery class went OK, was disappointed that two were missing and hadn't bothered to ring up with apologies.
Man came to measure doors as I got back. Told me how he'd gone down with a cold today and hoped it wouldn't turn into 'man 'flu'. If it was sympathy he was after, he'd come to the wrong house...If he'd kept quiet he may have been offered a cup of tea, but as it was...
Took Lucy to catch her train at 7.00pm

Friday 1st February

Arrived at Rycote Centre to find the whole of the car park cordoned off due to building work. Parked up and went to find the care-taker to see what to do. Was very touched to find that he had allocated me 'a space' at the front of the building, while everyone else was across the road. I could have hugged him with gratitude...
Although it is now the fourth week of term we had three new students starting, two of whom had attended previously. Thinking we were likely to be oversubscribed, I went and 'borrowed' someone from the office, only to find that those expected didn't turn up. Wonder what will happen next week...

As a new feature for Fridays, I intend to find some of my favourite music from You Tube. Here's another classic, Elton John with Carla Etude...

No comments: