Wednesday, February 13, 2008

IN BRIEF

Monday 4th February

Busy morning. Arrived at teaching and had to ask 'other' support worker for help with carrying my things. She maintained that she didn't know why I needed help. I found out later that one of the other students 'explained' things to her. Don't you just love it when people stand up for you.

Tuesday 5th February

Day spent catching up with the website. No tap lesson as tutor away, but not really up to it still.

Wednesday 6th

Nose to the grind stone, but nothing interesting to share.

Thursday 7th

Jewellery class went OK, had new enquiries, so two new students to start next week.

Friday 8th

My nice caretaker at centre not there today. Person left in charge had been fully briefed of my needs and was very helpful. As the car park is full of cranes and cordoned off, I couldn't help but ask the question: "what happens if there is a fire" as it's the assembly point. It caused much consternation to those I asked, I'd never seen so much head scratching and chin stroking. Even men with florescent orange jackets got involved. Word came back that we should take an alternative route and assemble at the front of the building. However, when the man in the orange jacket put his oar in, the decision was reversed and the original instructions reinstated.
Just shows what men in orange jackets know... what good is an assembly point if the area is barricaded off?! I'm thinking of my next question for next Friday...any suggestions?

Collected Lucy from the station as she's still having trouble with her ankle. Fell in love with two tops from Next and couldn't choose, so had both. One was £15 and the other £16. Went to the desk to pay and extracted £30 from my purse. "You need another £1.00", Lucy prompted, but somehow when the tags were scanned it came as £30.00. The last time we were there I chose some black cords which were very reasonable at £22.00. Went to pay for them and was only asked for £10.00. As we made a hasty getaway towards the door I was thinking: "I hope we don't set of the alarms and they find out we've been under charged". As we passed the door horror... the alarms went off, but no one took any notice. Outside I checked inside the bag and found the tag still attached. Felt I had to go back and confess...back through the entrance, off went the alarm...no one batted an eyelid. They were very grateful to get their tag back!
Lucy says she's not coming with me to Next again unless she can be sure she gets the bargain...

Friday's Favourite: Not music this week, but a spot of 'Cold Calling'. If you need cheering up today I guarantee this will do the trick!

No comments: