Sunday, May 25, 2008

End Of First Year...

Wednesday 14th May

Lucy finished her last exam on Friday and needed someone to bring all 'her stuff' home. My 'magic cream' seemed to be working and I'm free of any real pain, so I was delighted to offer to drive to Leicester and collect her belongings. This was the furthest I have driven on my own since last July and gave me such a feeling of freedom. I think I was so excited at the prospect that first I managed to head off in the wrong direction and then I took completely the wrong road after leaving the M1. I've been to Leicester enough times now not to let it worry me - I waited until I recognised a nearby landmark and then rang Lucy on my mobile. With the help of Google maps, she directed me 'in' - it was just like 'Challenge Anneka', but without the jumpsuit!

Once there it took Lucy about an hour to carry everything down to the car - (the one thing I still can't manage). However, I had a much more important job... cleaning the bathroom...!

No comments: