Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pain Management Clinic


Dandilion Clock
Originally uploaded by Geraldine Curtis
Friday 16th May

Today was meant to be my 'last ditched attempt' at my quest for total recovery. I had waited fourteen long weeks for this appointment and although on the day, I thought I had achieved this goal, I felt I should still attend - if only to tell the consultant that my 'magic' cream had worked!

My appointment was for 10.45am - I had thought that as I wasn't due to be teaching until 1.00pm, I would have ample time to attend the consultation and arrive in time to teach. However, I began to worry as the hand on the clock in the waiting room marched ominously round. At 11.30, the lady 'before' me gave up - requesting another appointment to be sent to her. I gritted my teeth, metaphorically speaking determined to hold out...

At 11.50, I was finally called in. The consultant was really lovely to me and listened carefully to everything I said. He explained all the options open to me even though I confessed to feeling a complete fraud - and arranged a return visit to learn more about the workings of a TENS machine. (This was day 5 of my pain free week, the pains returned on day 9)

At last someone had listened...

No comments: