Thursday, June 26, 2008

'Giz Us A Job'...

Saturday 15th June

Lucy stayed with us this week-end so that she could accompany us to see Robert's end of year Degree Show. Took this photo of Robert standing next to his stand. They had employers looking round and even a local television news team, but Robert has not been offered any interviews as a result. Nevertheless he has gained two awards and hopefully it's just a matter of time...

To read more about his projects, the link is here

In the meantime he has to wait to hear what degree he has been awarded.
We have our fingers crossed for you....

3 comments:

China Pattern said...

I am delighted to have found this intersting blog. I replied to your comment on my blog just below yours. I am not yet sure where people will look for replies. Any advice on the local customs of Blogspot?

I took a look at some of Roberts projects and they are interesting. Were these design projects for a university? BTW My daughter studied in London for six weeks last summer and would love to go back. You can bet that was the subject of many a blog last year. Ha!

I found the pictures on your blog to be amazing. I will be sorely challenged to post photographs as interesting and beautiful as yours. I am more of a painter with words. As I told Jon, I am really just a fool with a camera and strictly an amateur at both writing and photograpy.

Thanks again for your kind response.

Geraldine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geraldine said...

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Yes, Robert has just graduated from university, but we are waiting to see what degree he has been awarded. His final year project was to design a device to help people who are deaf or have a hearing impairment. His course was in Industrial Design which seems to encompass all kinds of design.

I love taking photos and it's ideal to use the ones on Flickr in my blog to show what I've been up to. I'm off to Italy in three days time, so I need to get up to date before I go!