Thursday, January 31, 2008

IN BRIEF

Monday 21st January

Jewellery Lesson went very well, gate crashed the computer class next door so I could show everyone how to get onto the Derby Adult Learning website and see pictures of their own work. Everyone finished their project, which must be a first and went home happy (not a first...)

Tuesday 22nd (See above)

Had my fingers crossed that the sun would shine and I could go out and take photos of the floods today. Luckily there was enough light, but it wasn't exactly photogenic weather. Went back to Belper to capture the flood waters with a panorama. Froze my fingers off and kind of got what I wanted. Found a new road to explore in Allestree which brings you on to the ring road at the bottom of Abbey Hill. Discovered a house there with its garden completely submerged under water. The field next door to the house was also under water and gave for a very interesting shot with the trains going past reflecting in the flood waters. Stayed so long, got chatting to a lady walking her dog and then the lady who lived in the submerged garden came out and we all sympathised with her! Called in at the Garden Centre and treated myself to two pot plants and just had time for my appointment at the hair dressers for a quick trim before returning for my 4.00pm piano lesson.

Went to tap lesson, full class last week, almost empty this, so managed to catch up a bit with the steps. Not nice coming back to an empty house and having to put the recycling rubbish out. Decided against putting out the heavy glass bottles.

Wednesday 23rd

Lucy was home by 1.00pm, catching the bus from town. Went food shopping for the few things that we needed. Sat down after tea together and Lucy showed me what she'd learned at Uni about Photoshop, which was great. 'Bonding with Photoshop...'

Thursday 24th

Taught class in the afternoon. Took Lucy to catch late train, she managed to let hand brake off instead of on in the dark and I may have yanked a little too hard as the car rolled backwards. Feels as though I may be back to square one, or is it just in my head...?
Found out tonight that my mum had a bad fall on Tuesday when she tripped over some large branches on her way back from visiting neighbours. No bones broken, but a bit 'shook up' to say the least. It makes it worse when I can't just jump in the car and go and make sure she'd OK...

Friday 25th

Daren't carry anything today, lucky that enough people around who are 'willing and able'...
Back to an empty house for a quick spot of lunch, catch up on the website and then dash off to meet Lucy for a spot of retail therapy in town. Stocked up with items from M&S food hall and little things like magazines etc, dropped Lucy off at Ben's and back to base.

No comments: