Monday, January 21, 2008

Published Again...

Wednesday 16th

Published again twice in three days...must be a record!

Oil was delivered, just as I was trying to dash off to dental appointment at 12 noon. Saw one of my fellow tappers in the waiting room. It was lovely to have someone to chat to as we waited. She works at Breadsall Hill Top school (infants).

Collected Lucy from the station (train delayed due to the flooding) went to Morrisons to do food shopping and home for lunch. Graham home most afternoons this week and busy in the garage making something for work with a new Band Saw he 'just had to have'. In fact, he was so engrossed today, that when rushing back to work he jumped into my car (we have swapped while I 'learn' to drive again) and backed straight into his car smashing the front number plate and denting my bumper. Lucy and I then spent the afternoon with a very nice chap at T.C.Harrisons, organising for a new number plate to be made and booking Graham's car in as the boot lock has developed a curious habit of unlocking itself as you drive along, - most disconcerting!

'Lost' one of my piano pupils today. A very capable girl of twelve who I'd hoped to put in for Grade Two this Easter. I have always battled with her to do more practice, (she can play beautifully) but refuses to practice the less popular parts like scales etc. Having struggled to keep teaching while recovering from my op, it just didn't seem worth the effort I was having to put in. She had an ultimatum last week, and having checked with her mother, nothing had changed. Was surprised by my own resolve...

No comments: