Sunday, January 13, 2008

IN BRIEF

Monday 7th January

First day back at work in three months. People were very nice to me and asked how I was, being truthful wasn't easy, but at least they all know that I still need help with opening doors and lifting things. Even with students missing, it was very busy, but results were good. See 'Derby Learn' Jewellery Making

Tuesday 8th January

Busy day at the computer. At last have mastered (almost) the skill of uploading things on the website associated with Derby Adult Education. Put up photos of everyone's Handbags charms that they made and links to videos to help with technique.
New cooker arrived at half past one, carried by two young lads. Robert and I had to make do with soup and Jamaica cake (not together) warmed up in the microwave.
Decided to go to tap class, which was a bit of a struggle, but it was lovely to see everyone again. Coming home was difficult too through thick sleet/liquid snow.

Wednesday 9th January

Disappointed that no snow to speak of this morning. Struggling now to get a lesson for together Friday's Craft class. Had a call from one of the helpers - doesn't sound as though there will be a class...
Lucy came home from university under own steam. Has no lectures until next Monday.

Thursday 10th January

Highlight of the day - new adult piano pupil, a complete beginner. Very nice lady, picks things up quickly, slightly older than me, but much better brain! Only three for Jewellery class this afternoon, but more promised for later.
Graham took Lucy to Ben's after tea.

Friday 11th January

Went to centre early as rumour no parking, but on arrival found not to be true. Had influx of students - all with special needs, but at least had enough help. Perhaps need to rethink what I've planned for the term.
Weather miserable and very cold. Took Robert to Ikea at tea time to buy the desk he needs for his room at Loughborough. He treated me to tea, which was nice. Journey there and back in torrential rain...brrr...
Lucy back about 10 o'clock, just after I'd rung to see where she was...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Geraldine

I hadn't seen your blog since mid-December, as you didn't update it for ages and then it was Christmaas, etc. Glad you've done so much and seen London and Milan with some success. The terracotta army sounds a bit disappointing... only 12 soldiers??!!

I, too, have just been to London, and seen the impressive roof at St Pancras and the overlarge statues... we had a meal at Carluccio's in Covent Garden which was very good... went to V and A where there was a very modern craft exhibition on...

I sent you an email recently from my hotmail address, did you get it? Can you text me, too, as I don't have your number.

Hope you enjoy this term's teaching...love, Ju x