Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Collecting The Past

Visiting my parents meant that we could at last take photos of the photos they had in their possession. I had seen most of them before, but this time they seemed to take on so much more importance. We have learned so much about the lives of our forebears in recent weeks that they are now 'real' to us. The state of the photos on the whole wasn't that brilliant, but over the last week I have spent many hours trying to restore them to some of their former glory.

By writing about the people in the photos, I know I run the risk of upsetting some of my relations. This is not my intention, I have tried to report their lives in as fair a way as I can. By piecing together the snippets of information, we have been privileged to glimpse a brief moment in their lives, a true 'Window On Their World'...

No comments: