Monday, March 31, 2008

IN BRIEF
Tuesday 25th March

Everyone back to work, well Graham was and there was loads to catch up on at home.

Went to see the doctor mid-morning. I hadn't slept and was feeling particularly sorry for myself today. I know I must have looked rough as the doctor was sympathetic! A couple of weeks back I got in touch with a work colleague who nearly died from her hernia (five years ago) as it became strangulated and she suffered gangrene. My reasoning being that her surgeon may just have a little more experience than mine. If I could just get in contact with him and talk things through...I made this suggestion to the doctor expecting a rebuff, but was amazed to hear that he visits our surgery once a month and I could see him next time he's there... 25th May... hooray, almost a result!

Wednesday 26th March

Very quiet day as Lucy went to the seaside (Bridlington) for the day with Stephen and two other friends. Yes, she and Stephen did go paddling. She said it was colder than she remembered...

Received letter from the DRI allowing me to phone them to make an appointment with the Pain Clinic. The appointment is for 15th May, that will be a year to the day since my first operation...

Also received email from Judith saying that she has had her cochlea implant (2 hour operation) and is recovering well. She now has to wait a couple more weeks before she is switched on. We all have our fingers crossed for you Judith, it will be just amazing...

Lucy home before tea and helped me register with the IFL. I'm not sure why I have to do this, but if I don't, I won't be able to teach for Derbyshire County Council. We couldn't register completely as you have to wait for a membership number and that takes 4 weeks to through. The last date for registering is 31st March, so I hope this counts...

Thursday 27th March

Decided that I would do what I wanted today, not what Hermione decreed. Managed to work on some bags I'm trying to make and went to Hucknell in the afternoon. Lucy there to push the trolley round. Surprised to bump into Stephen there. Ended up also visiting The Designer Outlet and buying two pairs of shoes. I'm sure this has aided a sudden recovery as I felt much better after this...
Spent the whole of the evening sorting out tomorrow's craft lesson, postponed from last Friday.

Friday 28th March

Lesson went well even though we were well down on helpers. Special thanks to Penny one of the helpers who was there. I made a comment the other week about her using all my best ideas as she passes on my templates and projects to her son's school and the local scouts group. I didn't mean anything by it, but it must have registered as she brought me a bunch of daffodils today by way of a 'thank you'. I waited until everyone had gone and then gave her a hug, it means a lot to be appreciated...

Missed Friday Favourite last week, here's one from Beverley Craven...

No comments: