Sunday, January 25, 2009

IN BRIEF:
05.01.09
Not the best start to a new term, felt so ill that I took Lucy with me to my jewellery class to make sure I got home safely. She sat in one of the spare rooms and got on with her university work while I taught my class.
Two trips to the doctor's during the day didn't resolve the matter...

Had to phone up Derbyshire County Council as they failed to pay me last month... I now have to wait until the end of January!

06.01.09
Feeling marginally better, but still accompanied by Lucy to new Card Making class at Alfreton in the afternoon. Class went really well and extra help has been organised for next week for those who need it.

07.01.09
Went to the dentist as I've been having toothache since the week-end, except I arrived to find the dentist had just left, as he was ill...

08.01.09
Both jewellery classes are less than the 8 learners required to run, so have to decide which day to hold the one class on. One of the learners on a Monday has lots of health problems and coming to class is the only time she gets out, so we need to try and make sure that everyone can attend the Monday class.

Found out late afternoon that the Centre I teach at on a Friday has heating problems and has been closed all week. Lucky that one of my helpers thought to ring and check that I knew...

09.01.09
Lots to catch up with on the website today, so no time for anything else. 

At last, took Lucy shopping this afternoon for some Retail Therapy, think we have both earned it this week! Met up with Graham and had tea at Nandos.

No comments: