Friday, January 09, 2009

Photocamp Leeds 2008


Abstract 2...
Originally uploaded by Geraldine Curtis
Saturday 6th September

While we were on holiday in Italy, I'd received an email to say my image had been chosen for the publicity of this event. I was thrilled and decided that it would be good to go and see what it was all about. Robert had promised to accompany me. We had planned to travel by train, but arrived at the station to find all trains to Leeds were cancelled to due engineering work. Once home, I decided I really did want to go, so we two jumped in the car and off we went (I even forgot my handbag) Arriving a bit later than we'd hoped we did get to attend some interesting talks and lectures, but had missed the initial introductions. I did go and introduce myself to the organiser, but he was too busy to say anything other than 'hello'. We were on the point of leaving for home, but something made us hang on for the final ''rounding up' at the afternoon - this proved to be lucky as everyone was handed a card with a code to be able to extend their Flickr subscription by a year. Good result?

There is another Photocamp Leeds planned for 2009, the details of which are out now. I don't think I'll be going as the average age was nearer Robert's age than mine and I have to say I was disappointed... I had so hoped for some kind of recognition for the use of my image (there were lots of things they gave away like copies of CS3) but I received nothing...

whinge over...

No comments: