Thursday, January 11, 2007

IN BRIEF

Monday 8th
Went to my Jewellery class full of trepidation thinking that no one would turn up, imagine my delight when we had a full house - all full of enthusiasm for the projects I have planned for them, my heart was warmed...

Tuesday 9th
Trip to doctor's to see what is next plan of campaign to get me better/improved. He prescribed me new tablets, different anti-spasmodic ones, Buscopan. Was surprised to see same tablets advertised in Sunday magazine to help IBS sufferers (if you have been diagnosed by a doctor) Having great difficulty remembering to take two four times a day!

Wednesday 10th
Heart sank as I watched the dustbin men pick up all plastics bottles left for them - just as I remembered I've planned to do marbling with Friday's class and I need some to transport the mixture in, whoops!
Best programme: The making of The Vicar of Dibley, not only hilarious and containing serious issues, but my name has been popularised in the best possible way. I'm no longer only associated with the goat from The Good Life. Thank you Richard Curtis...

Thursday
Will it, won't it, was the question today. Started teaching a new course over at Kirk Hallam, 5 weeks of silk painting and with only four enrolled, not sure it will run. Met some lovely people who had organised it and who by the end of the afternoon had cajoled enough students for us all to breathe a sigh of relief. Just have to organise resources to a strict budget, but it'll be fun. Have lots of exciting things planned for them and first project really well.

Friday
Graham disappeared off to London today at the crack of dawn and I had my first session back at The Rycote Centre. I sometimes get panicky and think " will this work, will the students enjoy the activity?" Needn't have worried, had them making marbled paper and gave them all a 'feel good factor', including myself. Crafts are never so exciting as when you can't predict the outcome. You drop paints onto the marbling medium, swirl them around, place the paper on top and you've created the most wonderful designs. It's great to share this thrill with others.
Graham came home with a metaphorical bottle of champagne. His 'team' has just secured their first major project in America worth four million dollars. Slight panic on Wednesday when the 'wire' containing their security payment was delivered to the wrong address, but 'all's well that ends well'. For the cherry on the cake, Graham hopes to fulfil his life-long ambition of working in America for a two year period. Will I still be able to write my blog from there...?

No comments: