Monday, June 18, 2007

First Outing, Post Op...

This has been my goal over the past few weeks, to drive to the station, catch the train and take up an invitation to spend the main part of the day with Les at the Birmingham School of Jewellery (where he is a senior lecturer). The weather forecast was torrential rain, so it seems a perfect day for spending indoors being shown round. No hold ups and good to have the excuse for a taxi from the station. The doorman was great, they tend to act like human rottweillers, but as soon as they know who you've come to see, they act like puppies, all sweet and loveable and can't do enough for you. I can't remember the last time I saw Les and was worried that I wouldn't recognise him, I needn't have worried, he was just the same. (Dead ringer for Terence Stamp)

No comments: