Friday, June 08, 2007

IN BRIEF

Monday 28th May

Bank Holiday, so free day for Graham, but oh, the weather! It poured all day as it did yesterday. Decided that a drop of rain would not prevent me in my quest for getting better and we walked 'our circuit'. Unfortunately, two and a half miles was way too far at less than two weeks post-op recovery.

Tuesday 29th

Ordinary day, but feeling the full effect of yesterday's trek. Managed some beading in bed while feeling sorry for myself. Did do some ironing for Graham's imminent trip.

Wednesday 30th

Got up at the crack of dawn to wish Graham 'bon voyage' (off to America again) and went back to bed and to sleep. Lucy left at 9 to go on a shopping expedition with friends. My mum and dad arrived at 20 past 11, having come the scenic route up the M1! Hopes of help around the house soon dissolved as it became apparent that out of their own environment, one has difficulty locating items due to loss of sight and the other nearly deaf. - Kept me on my toes with all the extra work involved!
Straight after lunch, they took me back to the Nuffield where I spent a short 20 minutes regaling the surgeon with my story of haematomas and wounds bursting open, to which he quickly brushed aside any sympathetic murmurings to tell me that he knew exactly what I was going to say before I said it. Apparently you are pumped full of heparim before the operation to reduce any chance of getting a thrombosis and this invariably causes a haematoma at the site of the wound as your blood temporarily forgets how to clot. (I'd read that on the the internet by then anyhow) Pity no one thought to either tell me or inspect the wound before I left to check and explain...

Thursday 1st June

Was taken shopping to Morrisons after lunch, then after a short time back at the ranch, we all 'hot footed' it to the Designer Outlet to see what bargains we could extract. I bought a nice top from M&S, wintery, not summery, but after an hour on my feet I was struggling to get back to the security and comfort of the car.

Friday 2nd June

After a long morning with lots to do on the website, we all went to Horsley Lodge for a spot of lunch. I can never work out whether you do get value for money there. The menu is full and varied, the surroundings very picturesque, but by the time you've moved three times to avoid getting boiled in the conservatory part of the restaurant and waited at least half an hour for your food, the novelty of having a meal out has worn off!

No comments: