Wednesday, June 20, 2007

IN BRIEF

Monday 18th

Signed off and supposedly back at work. Luckily not having to teach last class at Allenton, but spent much of today sorting out paperwork to send to person who is covering for me. Strange she hasn't got back in touch!
Lucy managed to oversleep on the morning of her 'big' Maths A Level exam. Was so grateful to find that Graham had left his car for me to drive, should there be the need.
Went for short trip out after tea and I drove back in 'my' car. It felt so 'stiff' and 'heavy' - unlikely that I will ever go back to driving it and having a bit of fun!

Tuesday 19th

Lucy off to school early and came back with considerably more smile on her face than went she returned home from Maths exam. Only one more left, which means she'll only be at school until Friday. (Makes me feel old, my children are no longer children)
Weather (and poorly foot) allowed me to do some gardening at lunchtime.

Wednesday 20th

Lucy at home revising. Managed to 'bag' the computer in the morning to work on website and write lesson plan for Friday. Left at 1.00pm for appointment at Nuffield hospital. Surgeon was surprised that it's still tender near site of wound, offered reassurance with the words: "Give it another 6 weeks to settle" Those 10 minutes will cost me £75!
Went into town and collected mug for Graham I'd had printed with his Honda 400/4. Disappointed that it's a bit on the dark side, but pleased that I actually got round to doing it. (Only 3 days late for Father's Day) Needed a comfy pair of shoes for tomorrow another £40.00. Took Lucy to Garden Centre and frittered away more money...

Thursday 21st

Day out at Derby Evening Telegraph. Had an amazing time with Steve (photographer). Read about it above with more photos on Flickr. Would love to do the job, and have resolved to learn all about and understand F numbers, aperture settings and film speeds. Watch out for next time...

Friday 22nd

Back to teaching at Rycote. Students happy to see me. It was lovely that they all (but one) turned up. Even Line Manager came down especially to welcome me back. I don't think anything has changed there...
Lunch at Sainburys, but had to collect and take Graham back to work now that he has changed offices.
Robert won tickets to go to race meeting at Goodwood. Unfortunately Graham didn;t have time to go too, but Robert made it there, even though it took him 6 hours . Good for you Bob, hope you had a great time, can't wait to see your photos!

No comments: