Monday, March 12, 2007

A Biking Week-End...


Glenn and Michelle
Originally uploaded by Geraldine Curtis.
On Saturday we headed off for Chesterfield in the vain hope that the sun would come out by the time we got there and we could take a few snaps of the crooked tower. As it wasn't going to happen, we stopped off at Clay Cross to admire the motor bikes on show. (OK, I stood there and stifled a few yawns, and tried not to look bored) There was a notice in the shop saying Liam Haslam would be there to talk to people, so when mentioned we must have missed him, it was lucky I didn't say it in too loud a voice..."you're standing two feet from him" came the reply! (Well, he really is tiny, if very good looking!) Should have had my camera with me!

On Sunday there was great commotion outside our house. One of our neighbours has been elected president of the local golf club (need to stifle a few more yawns, sorry) and was celebrating by having his biking mates over for bacon butties before riding the 500 yards or so over to the golf course. I was called over as official photographer as another neighbour had seen my photos in the paper (Graham wasn't happy as his camera is bigger than mine and he's jealous of the chap's bike, but we won't go there...) Here's one of my photos, there's a more artistic one on Flickr, showing the reflection in a Triumph tank...

No comments: