Sunday, March 04, 2007

IN BRIEF

Monday 26th

Swapped rooms for Jewellery Class so that we could use the computers to look things up. It actually caused more problems that solutions (mainly time taken in switching on and connecting to internet), so maybe I will be more content in the usual pokey little room next time!
At last, oil delivered - we were down to our last 200 litres. No mishaps this time, except for large branch found in the middle of the drive, left as evidence that the driver also 'runs a line' in tree pruning when required.
Had another mouse sage incident, which I won't go into too much detail about. Suffice to say it involved lots of shrieking ( and that was just the mouse!) and Lucy and me outside at 20 to 11 dressed only in our nighties...

Tuesday 27th

This was meant to be an average day, but by the end had left a bit of a traumatic mark. I'm lucky that when it comes the time for my car to be serviced, Graham takes it in and collects it as he works opposite the garage. Slight complication this time as car due to have it's first MOT and Graham wasn't here a) to take it in or b) to help sort things out if it failed. Decided to call in favour from a chap Graham works with, who to his credit was really lovely about taking me home and bringing me back. His only hesitation was when I asked him to collect me from the Ford garage when he owns a very plush Peugot 407 - would they let him in, or worse, let him out again? I just knew that they would phone and say that it had failed, and they did...on the tyre tread (how many times have I written about the car pulling to the left?) and that they couldn't order in the tyres until the next day. I convinced them that I had to have the car back, so they were very good and booked it back in the following afternoon. I seem to remembering someone murmuring the words "near, Police, don't, any go"...
At least I was able to go to tap lesson and collect Robert from the station afterwards, although a bus lane that had suddenly appeared that day did cause some problems when I realised that there was a car coming in the opposite direction in my lane...!

Wednesday 28th

This was another odd day, getting up a the crack of dawn to take Robert to the dentist and going early because of severe traffic problems. Of course, we sailed in with no hold ups and ended up waiting 15 minutes instead. After an Xray, it became clear that one of Robert's implants is causing him pain as it is eroding his jaw. Another set of hospital appointments awaits us...
Put Robert on the next available train back to Cambridge and went food shopping, arriving home just in time for a phone call from Graham. Had so much on my mind I managed to miss wishing him Happy Birthday, until three sentences in. Will I ever be forgiven...? Sorry, sorry, sorry...
Had tyres fitted at 2.00pm, pain of paying for them slightly sugared by the nectar points I received.
Perfect end to a perfect day, when I finally plucked tup the courage to open a letter from the Inland Revenue only to find it contained a fixed penalty notice for not getting my tax return in in time. It wouldn't have been so bad if this really was the case, but as it was sent you can't help wondering why this particular letter managed to get lost...
One more thing...chap came to the door to offer to give me a quote to replace our sofits and facias. "They could come and give me a quote tomorrow afternoon, but would my husband be in?" Cheek!

Thursday 1st March

Day passed reasonably smoothly, Jewellery Class successful and project completed on time. Potential new piano pupil came for a chat ready to begin lessons on Monday. Big girl for 6 (well nearly 7), her name is Abigail...
Chap duly came to give quote for sofits and facias. Lots of drawing in of breath and comments about the amount of roofline we have - 60 metres. To cut a short story shorter, having given me the 'bad' news and then knocked off the VAT (as is the custom for Jan and Feb) I told him what I would agree to and he matched it within £100. Hopefully happy all round, another chap will come and measure up on Monday morning

Friday 2nd

Took theme for Craft Lesson as St David's Day and all associated with Wales. Nobody really knew anything about St David, so I was glad I mentioned it. Tenuous link with the lesson was weaving...with forks. Made lovely little flowers with wool, which can be sewn on hats and scarves, or as the students chose, a card complete with flower pot.
Busy afternoon at home trying to get new webpage ready to announce our link with the new Shaun The Sheep animation on CBBC, (first episode 3.45pm Monday), also busy tidying house ready for Graham's return tomorrow...phew!

No comments: