Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Little Not Allot...


Catkin
Originally uploaded by Geraldine Curtis.
We learned at the week-end that the allotment in Almshouses Lane that was 'up for grabs' has been allocated to someone living in Morley Village. To say that we are peeved, upset and disappointed is an understatement. The fact that we have been waiting 10 years for an allotment and understood we were top of the list makes one feel that a travesty of injustice has taken place. The vague reason given for not allocating it to us was that the recipient lives in the Parish of Morley, whereas we, by a quirk of fate (or rather parish boundaries) live in the Parish of Breadsall. Is there a right of appeal against such decisions? Can I point out that our property lies within 10 feet of the aforementioned allotment, whereas 'the chap' comes over a mile (in his Chelsea Tractor)
If I could just find the Ordinance Survey map...

OK, I'll stop stamping my feet, now. I may just have got this off my chest, thank you for listening...but I'm still considering rescinding my photos from Morley Parish Council website...
On the positive side, I now know how many 'l's and 't's in allotment and 'the chap' has made it look neat and tidy already...

No comments: