Friday, March 30, 2007

IN BRIEF

Monday 19th

Spent morning on the phone trying to track down my CT scan to no avail.
All my fretting about what to do with my jewellery class and then for one reason or another only four turned up. Had apologies from three, so know they still love me!
Had poorly foot for some reason in the evening

Tuesday 20th

Full day on the website and potential new piano pupil came for 'try out' at 5pm. She's just been bought a brand new Clavinova and with it came a Piano Classics books from which she had taught herself the first two bars of Debussy's Reverie. No mean feat when you consider that she has no knowledge of notes in the left hand... we have much to do, but the path looks promising.
Had decided foot couldn't go to tap, then by the time 7 o'clock came round and I was screaming to get out and see another four walls. As it was, there were costumes to collect and everyone was very jolly, it certainly took my mind off things. Came home the proud owner of 'top hat and tails' except the hat was blue and the tails were very musty and need a button.

Wednesday 21st

Graham in London today, went on the train and somehow this made his knee worse.
More time spent on phone to hospital appointment person, but no further forward by end of it. Giving up for another day...
Felt well enough to make short journey to town. The Cosmopolitan magazine bought for me (?) last Saturday contained a sample of Estee Lauder's Pure White Linen - when the page was folded back and it revealed a beautiful aroma. (I'm never sure whether the magazine just smells nice or you really can smell the perfume). Anyway, to cheer myself up, I thought I'd do some market research and proffered my bare arm at the Perfume Shop. OK, it was nice, but do I really want to spent £27.50...? Came home, collected Lucy to help me do the food shopping, only she'd slept badly and had a poorly shoulder, so I don't know who was the worse off!
New pupil making good progress for first proper lesson on piano. Her mum had bought her a beginner's book to start with, as recommended and we were up to 'hands together' by the end of the lesson. Charlotte, in contrast, who has her exam next Wednesday was abysmal (spelling?) OK you win some, you lose some. When asked what she understood by the term 'accent', she took it upon herself to begin: " well, in language... it's how you speak"! She's lucky that she lived to tell the tale...!

Thursday 22nd

More time on the phone getting nowhere.
Jewellery Class went well, but as always happens, if you have a break people don't turn up the next week. Didn't look good when both organisers 'dropped in' and there were only four in attendance. Better luck next week, perhaps.

Friday 23rd

Graham in London again today, this time he drove, which also didn't help his knee.
Had Curriculum manager come to video class performing Parchment Craft techniques. Was feeling very rough, but hearing how Karen's daughter has had an overactive and then underactive thyroid in the space of about four weeks, helps to put ones own problems in perspective. Struggling to carry anything today, will I make it to the end of term next week?

No comments: