Friday, August 15, 2008

A Foot Path With A Difference...

Saturday 26th July

Lucy was at work all day, so we planned to have a picnic tea as the weather was so lovely. Once we'd collected her, we came home and then threw anything edible we could find into the car. I chose a point on my Ordinance Survey map and off we drove. As it was a hot day, I'd chosen a footpath which crossed a weir hoping that we'd feel the benefit of being near water. When we arrived I couldn't believe my eyes! There was a notice saying that the footpath was closed due to a collapsed culvert! Supportive as ever, Robert and Lucy said they enjoyed a challenge and anyway the notice did state that it would be mended between the 8th and the 29th July - we thought we were safe to assume that it would be OK by the 26th! So after a picnic tea off we went.

The walk was a voyage of discovery, first a field of blue flowers, then a steep incline, the water at the bottom was still and everywhere you looked a beautiful reflection.

1 comment:

China Pattern said...

Wow, I feel like I have been on a vacation. I enjoyed seeing your son's graduation. The robes are somewhat different than here. I liked the shot where you looked down the row of the graduates. You have had quite a summer.

Also, I have had to wear glasses to read for the last three years. When I went in for that, they found some other problem and I now wear tri-focals. I had to get used to them that now I can't see at all without my glasses. I even wear them in the shower. Putting make-up is hard to do without my glasses and I can't put it on with them ON. LOL